Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MAY CHALLENGE

May's Challenge over at the Cuttlebug blog is all about Moms. I decided to make an accordian tag card that could also work for pictures. I used the Bloom Dots embossing folder to make the tan border you see above. I lightly rubbed a tan ink pad over the face of it and added a little detail with a brown pen to highlight the embossing.
The heart is cut out of cork paper and the die is Quickutz. The trinket leaf pin is Maya Road, and the flower is Prima.
Here I embossed a darker brown strip of paper and lightly rubbed a white ink pad over the face of it to create this effect. The butterfly was cut with a Quickutz die. The decorative paper is "Flutter" from Bo Bunny. The ribbon is Making Memories.
Here is the whole card. The center piece is embossed with the Spots and Dots embossing folder and left plain. The flower and it's center are from Prima. Hope you like, and might be inspired to create something your own mom will love!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love it - are you going to teach a class? if not you have to teach me this.... If no class you have instructions (LOL)
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Niki! I was actually thinking about doing this for a class....or something similar with different papers. I will post the info if I do :)

    ReplyDelete